Today’s business organizations are collecting vast amounts of data – varying in structure, complexity and size. However one thing all these organizations are discovering is that a wealth of strategic value lies in this data and traditional relational database management tools are unable to process them fast enough. Thankfully, in about the same time, several data-management tools have emerged loosely termed as “big data tools”.
Besides strong technical competency, using big data tools require a fundamental shift in how organizations view their data, its structure, the usage scenarios and the roles & responsibilities of the IT and user organizations.
ITL Group Big Data practice assists our clients in both strategic upstream activities such as evaluating and developing big data road-map to implementation and support of large environments.
ITL Group offers a range of Big Data consulting & implementation services to develop your big data solutions. With a team of big-data architects, data scientists, PMs and consultants trained at leading Big Data user firms such as Google, Yahoo and Facebook, we offer a balanced mix of strategy, design and implementation expertise.
We have delivered Big Data solutions in a range of industries such as media, telecom, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, chemical aviation and retail industries.
Below are some of the highlights of our big-data experience:
- Some of the tools we have worked with are:
- Hadoop, KDB and related tools such as HBase, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, etc
- NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Neo4J, Redis, Cassandra, etc
- Advanced search technologies such as Lucene, Solr, etc
- We have a team of 60+ Hadoop, 10+ KDB and big data resources with experience in development, installation, configuration and management of big-data environments
- We have a strong Linux administration team with experience of installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting of Hadoop clusters and KDB servers
- We have built several “packaged” solutions to automate the deployment and support of Hadoop environments
BIG DATA CASE STORIES
Below are some of our case stories:
- Developed an ETL and analytic environment for a large retail/supply chain firm to analyze their POS data with over 100TB of data collected from over 20 different channels using Hadoop MapReduce programs over HDFS repository. Environment: Hadoop, HDFS, Java, Linux
- Developed a number of log analysis tools for analyzing web-site traffic for an online publishing firm an ability to analyze their web usage. Environment: Hadoop, HDFS, Java, Flume, Linux
- Developed a patent search technology for a leading pharma firm that supports multiple persistence and indexing engines. Environment: Hadoop, Flume, MongoDB, Neo4J, Java/J2EE
- Developed an advanced text search platform for a telecom firm to search through a range of content such as XML files, PDF files, Word documents, etc. Environment: Solr/Lucene, Java
- Developed a CRM Analytic tool to analyze call-center logs for a leading telecom firm. Environment: Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Java/J2EE, C, MQ Series
BIG DATA SERVICES
Our Advisory services include:
- Identifying/defining Big Data business/project initiatives
- Developing a Big Data implementation road-map
- Creation of proof of concepts, white papers, technology / tool evaluation services
- Provide a road-map to help clients choose appropriate technologies / frameworks / tools
- Implementation of best-practices and industry standards
- Implementation of new tools, technologies to provide innovative solutions
Our implementation services include:
- Planning, design and implementation of a Hadoop, KDB and other Big Data environments
- Develop/enhance Java or C++ or LAMP based applications on existing or new Hadoop implementations
- Troubleshooting/performance optimization of existing KDB and Hadoop implementations
- Data quality management and data harmonization projects
- Testing/QA of big data applications, automation of data validations and regression test scenarios
- Documentation, programmer trainings, reverse-engineering, upgrade, maintenance, migration and other steady-state services
- We offer staffing services (contract, contract-to-hire and direct perm), project services (fixed-price/fixed-scope, T&M, managed T&M, outcome-oriented, etc) and offshore services (T&M, extended team, project-based, etc).